If you prefer, you can download a PDF of my resume.
I believe in creating software using elegant and efficient code solutions while providing a fulfilling experience to users, down to the last detail. I love being a part of the software development community, and I strive to improve my skills every day.
- Software Engineer
Barracuda Networks • June 2015 – November 2017 • Ann Arbor, MI
- Added and redesigned core features of the Barracuda Backup product
- Implemented a PHP-based REST API for new web backend, dramatically increasing efficiency of the product
- Reviewed code of colleagues and made suggestions to improve efficiency and code style
- Assisted in management of server configurations utilizing Puppet
- Worked with Customer Support to help solve cases and spread knowledge of product internals
- Created tools to help automate and decrease turnaround time on customer support escalations
- Led the effort to rebuild and improve internal documentation of code structure and processes
- Software Engineering Intern
Barracuda Networks • May 2014 – July 2014 • Ann Arbor, MI
- Developed and maintained code for the Barracuda Backup user interface and web backend.
- Mobile App Server-Side Developer
Trinity Innovations • December 2011 – November 2012 • Houghton, MI
- Developed and maintained server-side API and background operations for an iOS mobile app.
For examples of my projects, please see my portfolio.
- PHP – Eight years experience developing websites and web applicatons.
- HTML/CSS – Ten years experience with my own website, freelance projects, and commercial work.
- SQL – Eight years experience with MySQL. Some working knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- .NET (C#, VB) – Three years experience with Visual Basic .NET, creating applications for personal use as well as a couple freelance projects. Less than one year experience with C#, creating personal applications and completing a class project.
- C – Four years experience, writing systems programs as part of university curriculum.
- C++ – One year experience, using concurrency concepts and writing basic operating system components as part of university curriculum.
- Java – Four years experience, writing various CLI and GUI applications as part of university curriculum.
- Racket (Scheme) – One year experience, partially as part of university curriculum and partially as part of completing a programming challenge.
- VCS – Five years experience using Git and bug tracking systems (JIRA, Bugzilla) for open-source contributions, school projects, and commercial work. Some SVN experience.
- *nix – Nine years experience with Linux-like environments, including CLI proficiency and functional knowledge of OS internals.
- Michigan Technological University • August 2011 – May 2015
B.S. Computer Science, Cum Laude
Departmental GPA: 3.72
Cumulative GPA: 3.68