If you prefer, you can download a PDF of my resume.
I believe in creating software using elegant and efficient code solutions while providing a fulfilling experience to users, down to the last detail. I love being a part of the software development community, and I strive to improve my skills every day.
Barracuda Networks • May 2014 – Present • Ann Arbor, MI
Developed and maintained code for the Barracuda Backup and Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup user interfaces and backends, and implemented a RESTful PHP-based API using Laravel.
Mobile App Server-Side Developer
Trinity Innovations • December 2011 – November 2012 • Houghton, MI
Developed and maintained server-side API and background operations for an iOS mobile app.
- Michigan Technological University • August 2011 – May 2015
B.S. Computer Science, Cum Laude
Departmental GPA: 3.72
Cumulative GPA: 3.68
For examples of my projects, please see my portfolio.
- PHP – Over seven years experience developing websites and web applicatons.
- HTML/CSS – Nine years experience with my own website, freelance projects, and commercial work.
- SQL – Over seven years experience with MySQL, including knowledge of advanced query constructs. Some working knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- .NET (C#, VB) – Three years experience with Visual Basic .NET, creating applications for personal use as well as a couple freelance projects. Less than one year experience with C#, creating personal applications and completing a class project.
- C – Four years experience, writing systems programs as part of university curriculum.
- C++ – One year experience, using concurrency concepts and writing basic operating system components as part of university curriculum.
- Java – Four years experience, writing various CLI and GUI applications as part of university curriculum.
- Racket – One year experience, partially as part of university curriculum and partially as part of completing a programming challenge.
- VCS – Four years experience using Git and bug tracking systems (JIRA, Bugzilla) for open-source contributions, school projects, and commercial work.
- *nix – Nine years experience with Linux-like environments, including CLI proficiency and functional knowledge of OS internals.